How exciting… Frankenweenie by Walt Disney Pictures Opens October 5th. Just in time for Halloween!
WALT DISNEY PICTURES
U.S. Release date: October 5, 2012
Executive Producer: Don Hahn
Based on an original idea by: Tim Burton
From creative genius Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” The Nightmare Before Christmas”) comes “Frankenweenie,” a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous.
In Tim Burton’s “Frankenweenie” young Victor conducts a science experiment to bring his beloved dog Sparky back to life, only to face unintended, sometimes monstrous, consequences.
- When Tim Burton originally conceived the idea for “Frankenweenie,” he envisioned it as a full-length, stop-motion animated film. Due to budget constraints, he instead directed it as a live-action short, released in 1984.
- “Frankenweenie” follows in the footsteps of Tim Burton’s other stop-motion animated films “Corpse Bride” and “The Nightmare Before Christmas”—both of which were nominated for Academy Awards®.
- Over 200 puppets and sets were created for the film.
- The voice cast includes four actors who worked with Burton on previous films: Winona Ryder (“Beetlejuice,” “Edward Scissorhands”), Catherine O’Hara (“Beetlejuice,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas”), Martin Short (“Mars Attacks!”) and Martin Landau (“Ed Wood,” Sleepy Hollow”).
- Several of the character names—Victor, Elsa Van Helsing, Edgar “E” Gore and Mr. Burgemeister— were inspired by classic horror films.
Follow FRANKENWEENIE on Facebook: http://www.facebook.
FRANKENWEENIE arrives in theaters everywhere on October 5th!
Click below for a sneak preview.
Enter our latest Giveaway(s) & sign up for our daily Email. You wouldn't want to miss our next big review or giveaway!
This and or any post may/may not contain affiliate links. By clicking on said links you are helping and supporting Passport To Frugal.
Full FTC disclosure and rules I'm disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 254.4: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”.
*Note facts and pictures may/may not be taken from the above mentioned site(s) or supplied by myself. All Review(s) & opinions are based upon my family & myself.
***Disclaimer: If any or all of the above sponsor(s) provided me with a FREE product(s) for review. I was under no obligation to review said product, if I so choose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for said product(s). Paid ads and sponsored posts are just that, an ad; I have not reviewed said product.